Friday, February 14, 2014

Our beautiful and messy lives

Tuesday was such an exciting day for me. As I watched the number of people join our mission here at SpecialGlobe my heart soared. It was so amazing to have such tremendous validation on what we are working to achieve. Through the many emails and calls that I have received from parents, travel industry professionals and media I was both relieved and ecstatic that you seemed as excited about SpecialGlobe as I am. As one big family, we are going to ignite change for these families and for the travel industry. I am so proud to be a part of it and I am also so glad to have you all right there with me by my side. Thank You!!

Of course, as any parent will understand even the best laid plans can go awry. As Tuesday wore on, it was time for me to pick up Eliza and Henry from School. When I arrived at the school, many of the teachers congratulated me and expressed their excitement for SpecialGlobe. It felt so wonderful  to finally be able to share what I have been working on for so many months with such important people to me and my family. It was at that moment when I saw my beautiful Eliza walking down the hallway toward me. She looked awful! She looked completely wiped out. My poor little love bug! When I got her home she had a 103.7 temp and it was time for me to take my CEO of SpecialGlobe hat off and put my Eliza's mommy hat on.


As I found myself literally elbow deep in sick on this biggest of days for me, I had to smile to myself because it was a reminder that life is both messy and wonderful and with every beautiful moment there are challenges too and that's really what SpecialGlobe is all about. It's about creating these beautiful moments for their entire family and as any parent knows there will be challenges along the journey but I promise the beautiful moments will create family memories that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment